Sunday, April 27, 2008

KALO PASCHA!

That's Happy Pascha in Greek, or at least I hope it is. Anyway, Pascha spent in Greece was a good experience. I can't say it was my favorite Pascha thus far, that still is the first with Archbishop Job, and the Greeks don't get quite as excited as we get, but it was still a COOL night. We spent the day sleeping and preparing for our feast of feta, salami, olives, wine and some amazing chocolate tiramisu cake and around 11pm headed across the street to Sts. Cyril and Methodius Church where we found we weren't late AT ALL. Apparently the Greeks over here are on Greek time as well, if you know what I mean. The services lasted until around 2:15 and we headed back to the hotel for our feast and the amazing wine that Jon picked out for us. Now 8 hours later, we're heading to Athens for the night and on to Italy tomorrow night. A week and a half of Italy, Paris, Oxford and the traveling in between and we'll be home to complete the journey of a lifetime. Quite an amazing time these last months and certainly weeks have been for yours truly. Hopefully, if I get time in Italy, I'll get to catch you up on some Scotland, but if not, I'll just have to do it when I get home for those of you who won't be able to come over and see all the pictures and videos I've got. Until then though, I love you all and Happy Pascha! Christ is Risen! Christos Anesti! Cheers!

2 comments:

Joel and Tessi said...

Alithos Anesti!! Glad to hear Jon made it over there safely. Have a great Bright Week traveling around and seeing the world!

Anonymous said...

Christ Is Risen! Hope you guys have a safe journy back. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the trip sometime soon.