Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Good Day

Ah, what a day. Wake up at two in the afternoon after watching the Colt's win, and what's this? It's an absolutely gorgeous day outside! Of course, I slept through the morning, but that's ok! That's ok! I made up for it. Today's agenda:



-Covered Market for some dinner including an amazingly soft cheese, some apples and some cashews. Oh, and some chocolate.






-Christ Church Meadow to eat and enjoy the evening's crisp breeze, all whilst enjoying a dazzling sunset.







-The Eagle and Child Pub, popular watering hole of Jack Lewis and John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, for the second night in a row, and some great Guinness.



-After the Guinness, I had some time for a little Brothers Karamazov and a Titanic Stout at the Tuft Taver, which is connected to my hotel of employment, and across the street from the Hollywell Music Room, which is where I attended a rather intimate performance of Hugo Wolf's compositions of German poems. A fun event for only £5, I must say! And I haven't seen operatic performances enough in my life!

Afterwards, I came home and talked with one of my roommates about everything under the sun for a couple of hours. We will probably, if I'm not working, go to a place on the other side of Headington next Tuesday for a quiz night, which should be a great time! Yay for friends! ;)

So that's my night, and my first REAL day off. Yesterday was off, but I didn't really do anything. Tomorrow is a day of work, which shouldn't be difficult. The next thing to do now is start preparing my days off... Mmmmm.... Traveling...

Cheers!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for friends!! Dude I love those pictures. How cool is it that you can go have a pint where C.S. Lewis and J.R.R Tolkien did?! Wow.