Sunday, October 7, 2007

It's About Time

FINALLY!! So did anybody really expect me to make it to Liturgy and be able to relate anything to you? Good, I hope not. I couldn’t get to sleep till about 2 again, so waking up and actually being able to find the church wasn’t going to happen. Instead, I woke up around 11:30am, threw on some clothes and went to find the church, that way I won’t miss it next time. Well, I walked around trying to find breakfast beforehand, and decided to just have McDonald’s because it is much more affordable to pay £4 for that than £10 at a pub. McDonald’s also has free wi-fi so that was a bonus. Now I have really don’t need to pay for internet at all. I’m so ready to get my own place so I can just have internet through the phone line or something!!!

I took the tube to Knightsbridge, which is basically the Carmel of London. Harrod’s is there, which is a huge mall, basically like the Magnificent Mile of Chicago. Anyway, I started walking in what I thought was the right direction out of the station. Luckily I did, because I found the phone store that I had been looking for and it was actually open. So I went in and got a phone. Now that I’m back and looking at it, I realized that I actually paid £10 worth of a phone. This thing looks like the Motorola SLVR back home, but works like Dad’s first cell phone in 1996. After I get a job and start making some money, I’ll have to get a new one because this barely has a phonebook. The screen and pixilation is so old-school that when I put Hadley in my phone book, it comes out like HAdLEy. Pretty funny really. But you know what? I’m going to have this phone for a small time and it’s going to serve it’s purpose just fine. So I’m happy.

Anyway, after I bought the phone, I continued heading in the wrong direction. When I realized I had gotten to Hyde Park, which was the opposite direction from where I wanted to go, I turned around and eventually found the church. It’s a nice looking church, tucked away in a very ritzy part of Knightsbridge. Only the best for the Russians. I got there and it didn’t look like an Orthodox church so I had to ask somebody, and it was. There was a wedding getting ready to start, so I didn’t go in.

I don’t have anything to do for a little while now, so I’m going to charge my computer while I take a nap, then I’m heading to meet Hadley to watch the Colt’s. The Cubs didn’t win a playoff game, so that’s no fun. But at least they didn’t win the World Series when I wasn’t around. So good day everyone, and cheers…

2 comments:

tjwilsonster said...

Hehe, Well It old everyone at Liturgy today that you were planning on going to Liturgy, and that I thought yo went to vespers last night. However, my goodness, considering that you have your days and nights mixed up (I think it's been that way since birth to tell you the truth : ) I'll not poke fun. You do need to get a compass though, that may help a lot! Thanks for keeping up the recording of your travels. Sure love you, and lots of hugs, Mom

Mrs. C. said...

I'll poke fun, I don't have a problem with that. Get a map, you man!! learn to walk down crooked streets that change their names every two blocks. Use landmarks, I Know it's girly, but at least you get there.
Hey, next week is your turn for greeter, you will owe me big when you get back, Gormless. (find out what that means!)Means having no gorm!

Mrs. C.