Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Still in the Saddle

I'm not "back" in the saddle, cause I never got off the horse in the first place. I'm still looking for a job, still applying, still wondering whether or not I really want to work in London (unless of course I get the AmEx job), and wondering where I want to go if I don't live in London. I applied today for a front desk job for a small hotel in Oxford, which would be great if accommodation was included, however I think it's just going to pay £6.50/hr, which is of course half of the AmEx job. I shouldn't have even interviewed for the other job because now I'm turned off at the thought of making only $13/hour as opposed to $28 an hour. HA! I'm in flippin' England regardless! I just need to go have a pint and enjoy myself here, right Mrs. Combs? Or should I just get some ice cream. By the way, is there a way I could justify paying $7 for some ice cream on a stick? I can justify paying that much for a pint and a half of cidre, but I don't know about ice cream. I'll just wait until tonight for the BUNAC pub meet. I don't have anything better to do, so I plan on heading to that. I don't want to sit in my hostel and watch Lord of the Rings then go to McDonald's again. So bitter's coming tonight!

As for other jobs, I'm just gonna have to open myself up to anything. I am going to see what work would be like in the Lake District, because I know life would be amazing. So, anybody have any towns they want me to live in? Or specific areas of England at all? Luke, you want me to move to Cornwall and surf all winter? It's crazy because there's so many jobs available. Oh, man, I'm ready to have a job.

Since I applied for that hotel job in Oxford, hopefully I'll get an interview requiring me to go to Oxford! I haven't left London yet, and I'm ready to go I've got at least the weekend to see them, especially since it's the Colt's bye week, so Sunday night is definitely free. Oxford would be nice, perhaps a day trip to Cambridge in the next couple of weeks. Paris is only two and a half hours by train, as well as Brussels. The world awaits. And so do I.

Pictures soon, the camera is being charged right now. Cheers.

No comments: