Friday, December 7, 2007

A Preview of Stories to Come

Hallo! I am in the GREATEST HOSTEL IN THE HISTORY OF HOSTELS, the Palace Hostel, in my last night in Vienna (Wien) typing on a German keyboard. I keep typing "z" instead of "y" because they are switched, and the backspace button is short so I keep pushing the "home" key, taking me to the top of the page. Anyway, I don't have a lot of time to write, so I'm going to let you all have a small preview of the joys to come.

1. Meeting a nice cab driver in Bratislava who decided it would be best if I paid 1050 Korunas ($50) for a 10 minute ride that should have cost about 150 Korunas

2. Christmas markets galore

3. Sacher torte and coffee before an opera in Vienna

4. Staring into the eyes of one of the finest trained horses in the world

5. Seeing every light in every building in Vienna from a hill above the city, and enjoying truffels and coffee while Christmas music played in the background

These are just a few, very few, things that I have enjoyed during my time in Central Europe. I'll do a couple of posts, so you can read them at your own pace. Until then, which is probably Sunday night, Prost!! (that's cheers in German...)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boy that's a lot of kahunas!