Monday, January 7, 2008

Lazy

Well that certainly was a bloody waste of two days and possibly five! I had Friday and Saturday off of last week, and I worked this evening. I had the option of not working tonight, but seeing that I need every pence I can get my hands on, I decided to work. Well, I go into work and as is necessary, I check the rota to see what my schedule is for the coming week. Whaddya know? I have Monday and Tuesday of as well! So basically, because the weather was supposed to be bad (and turned out great) on Friday and Saturday, I didn't plan any outings. Well, if I'da known on Thursday (when I was told that I could have Sunday off if I wanted) that I'd be having Monday and Tuesday off as well, I could have gone to Paris for 5 days! Or Bruges! Or Spain or Dublin or Cornwall or even the Lake District for 5 days! Sheesh!! Instead, I was lazy on Friday and Saturday, slept in, didn't shower, basically just hung around the house doing nothing. I certainly won't do that for the next two days where, hopefully, I can do a couple of day trips, one to Bath and maybe one to the coast. But I'm still a bit irked that I could have had a lovely time visiting somewhere outside of central England. I'm not sure if it's just Oxford, or if it's the longing to see mountains or the coast, but I really am ready to just keep it moving along. Anyway, hopefully I can get some time in Bath or Windsor or Bournemouth for the next couple of days. Sorry for the outburst. I need some fresh country air.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well what's holding you back? Quit your job, pack up your stuff and off with ya me lad and be lively!

Caleb said...

Again... I have a lease... Oh, and I rather enjoy sitting for at least 6 hours out of my shift and watching TV. That's always nice. I don't mind the job, just the incompetent boss... maybe I'll just get a second job... hmmmm

Anonymous said...

"I'm not sure if it's just Oxford, or if it's the longing to see mountains....I need some fresh country air."

Your words remind me of the words of another couped-up traveler from not so long ago.

"I want to see mountains, Gandalf! Mountains! And then find a place where I can finish my book."

"Will you look into the mirror?"

"Whooooat will Oiy seeee?" Frodo asked in a thick Cockney accent.

"Do they, Gandalf? Do they?"

"Fefty. Fefty men."

"And I saw it on 'is FACE on the battlefield. And it's TEARING me apaaaart."

And now, an excerpt from Return of the King:

As the great Eye roved this way and that, spreading its garish light over the desolate plains of Gorgoroth, Frodo collapsed like a ballet dancer into a perfect heap onto the ground where he lay shivering in the fetal position for what seemed like hours. As Samwise looked at him from behind the boulder he thought he saw a wee babe that was lying on the doorstep of doom, still greedily clutching that wicked little talisman that had brought him so far from home; he also saw a young amibitious hobbit who lived his life with all the drama of an over-acting faux-British sissy ninny.

And here, on the other side of the world, in the very depths of Hades, he felt a twinge of jealous hatred creep into his heart.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.