Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Young

October 16

I had fish and chips for the first time today. Alongside a Guinness, the only thing that could have made it better would be a coat, or maybe a friend to eat it with. Right now I’m sitting in a pub on Magdelan Street in Oxford waiting until 8:00pm so I can go view a house. It seems kind of far away from work, but if I really think about it, it’s only a few minutes by bus, and it seems like it’s a quiet area. I would like to live a few minutes from work, if possible, but if the place is nice and the people are nice, then why not take it right? The Cotswolds are calling my name, I’ll say that much. I’ll probably buy a bike here in the next week or two, that way I can get outside the city on my days off this week. I wonder though, how am I going to get around when I travel somewhere? I know how I’ll get to places, but once I’m there, I’m going to have to hire a bike every time I go somewhere. That will get old real fast. But, a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do, yeah?

Oxford is young. The people are young, the staff’s at the pubs are young, the nature seems young. It just seems like a place for young people. That’s the feeling a college town will give you, I assume. I think it will be a fun place to live. It’s a lot bigger than it seems, more like Lafayette or Bloomington, really. Lots of shops, lots of pubs, lots of people. I like it. Plus, Joel’s weekly installments of The Office make life easy and fun! The pub is getting busier, and I really wish I had a coat because it definitely got cold when the sun went down. Usually it doesn’t get this cold, so I will have to remember to start wearing a coat! And maybe I can buy a scarf now! Ok, I will buy a scarf! Thanks, scarf selling guy!

October 17

I had a good day of work yesterday. The job will be quite easy once I am used to the routine. One bad thing, I work Friday, Sat, and Sun mornings this weekend, so again, no church. I can at least make Vespers on Saturday. As for that, I hope to be able to get all my Sunday mornings off. I'll have to work on that.

Still waiting on the call for one place, the only one I've looked at. Tonight is the last night in my hostel, so I really need to find a place, now! Anyway, that's what I'm doing now. I'll see you all later on.

2 comments:

Mrs. C. said...

cool pics of the Brit. Museum!

Unknown said...

So hey did that house work out??